That maintaining a vehicle is important is an understatement. Luckily, staying on top of the "what," "when," and "how often" of it -- it's easy. Just follow a schedule.
The best way to start is by making a checklist of any repairs, replacements, and upgrades you've done already, followed by the ones you haven't gotten to yet. There are three kinds of maintenance to track: regular, seasonal, and long-term. You can find them in one form or another throughout your vehicle's owner's manual.
- Checking the engine oil, coolant, and other fluids
- Checking the air filters, the oil filter, and the fuel filters
- Checking your tires' pressures and tread depths and doing a tire rotation
- Checking interior lighting, plus exterior lighting like headlights, taillights, and daytime running lights (DRLs)
- Waxing your vehicle to help protect its body parts
- Putting on new windshield wiper blades
- Putting on tires appropriate for the climate and weather
- Testing the car battery
- Checking and, if needed, topping off coolant
- Checking, flushing, and replacing the transmission fluid as necessary
- Checking the fluids in both the differential and the transfer case if you have them
- Checking and, if needed, replacing the shocks and struts
- Checking, flushing, and replenishing the radiator fluid as necessary
- Checking and, if it's time, changing spark plugs
- Checking and either tightening or replacing the serpentine belt as required
Keep Your Subaru or VW in Top Shape with Genuine OEM Maintenance Parts
Our auto parts store has what you need, made by your brand for your model specifically, and you can order it online. Buy now and we'll ship before you know it, delivering directly to your door -- you'll be checking items off your list in no time.
No results found for "spark plugs, oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, brakes, cabin air filter, brake pads, windshield wipers". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!