Headlights: Buying Guide and FAQs
What are Their Functions?
There are three:
- High beams: these illuminate the road more thoroughly in complete darkness.
- Low beams: these are for everyday driving in dim conditions.
- Hazard lights or flashers: these inform other drivers that you're in distress. They can also let them know that there's a dangerous situation nearby.
These uses dovetail with fog lights and other types of lighting, too.
What Kind Does My Vehicle Have?
Most likely, either halogen, which is the commonest, Xenon (also known as high-intensity discharge/HID), which you can find in narrower housings, or LED, a low-heat and energy-efficient type. Many smaller cars use halogen headlights, while a lot of sports cars use Xenon headlights. LED headlights are mainstays in newer vehicles.
Which Type is Compatible with My Vehicle?
That depends on what it came with and what your owner's manual specifies.
When Do I Replace Them?
- Halogen headlighting: every two years or so
- Xenon headlighting: about every three years
- LED headlighting: if the bulbs themselves burn out, or the lights' electronics fail
Before buying new ones, however, be sure they're genuine.
Why Buy Genuine OEM Headlights?
They'll fit your make and model better than most other options on the aftermarket. The same goes for all other VW and Subaru lighting -- taillights, daytime running lights, brake lights, you name it.
Where Can I Order Headlights for My Subaru or Volkswagen?
Right here online, at our auto parts store. Buy now, and we'll ship direct-to-your-door, and quickly. Just be sure that you order any light assembly kits you'll need for the installation along with them.
No results found for "headlight, headlamp". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!